About this guide #
This guide follows on from how to set up MyQuickCloud for the first time, so if you haven’t gone through that guide, we’d recommend taking a look there first. This guide will tell you how to get your users started – one of the great things about MyQuickCloud is that you can get your user setup so they’re immediately ready to start working, you don’t need to get them to finish off any of the steps.
In this guide we’re going to go through the following steps:
- Adding users to your subscription
- Configuring your new user
- Choosing the right app for your new user
- Logging in as your user for the first time
All of these steps can be done from your host computer or from any remote computer, it doesn’t have to be your user’s chosen remote computer.
If you prefer you can watch our getting started video at the bottom of this guide.
Add your user to your subscription #
If you are still in your 7-day trial you have 5 free users to play with here and can skip to step 2. If not you’ll first need to add users to your subscription. To do this:
- First log in to MyQuickCloud,
- Then choose Account, then Subscription Details
- Next, click the orange ‘Modify…’ button.
- Now, click the ‘+’ sign next to ‘Users’ to add users to your subscription.
- Scroll down and click the ‘Continue’ button at the bottom of the page.
Configure your new user #
This step can be done online or in the desktop app but we’re going to show you how to do it online as that’s where we changed our subscription so now:
- Return to the menu and choose Users
- Now click the ‘Create New User’ button
- Add the following details to your user:
- First and last name
- Alias – this is your user’s username so something short with no spaces here is good, like a first name or job role
- Your user’s email address that they will use to log in
- Password – This can’t include the user’s name or alias and must have one capital letter and one number. e.g. P@ss123
- Admin rights – Choose if you want your user to be able to add/remove apps, users, hosts or modify billing information
Publish your user’s apps #
Finally, you can select which apps your new user has access to. To do that scroll down to where it says ‘Which computers has this user access to’.
For more information on this, take a look at our article on the different ways to connect with MyQuickCloud.
Log in as your user for the first time #
It can be very embarrassing handing something over, especially to a client, for them to come back and say it’s not correctly set up. So this final step lets you ensure your user’s dashboard is working and ready to go the moment you hand it over to them.
- First, log out of your profile using the log out button in the top right of the browser or desktop application.
- Next, log in as your new user.
- Now, click the app that you set up in the previous step
If you’re using QuickBooks, take a look at our guide on how to get started with QuickBooks, specifically step 3 which tells you how to open QuickBooks for the first time for your user so it appears in their Company Files list.
Watch the steps in a video #
Turn your sound on to hear the instructions, or turn on the captions using the toolbar at the bottom of the video