Managing Sessions within MyQuickCloud #
This article will show you how to Join, Restart or logout an existing MyQuickCloud Session
With the release of MyQuickCloud client version 3.2.6 standard users are now able to restart and end their own remote sessions. We think this will be a real time saver for you as previously only admin users have been able to do this for you.
Now when you click on your MyDesktop, MyWorkspace or MyApplication, if you already have a logged in session you will be able to
Join session #
If you click on MyWorkspace, this will load you back into your open session where you left off, all your applications etc will still be open and in the same state as when you left
Logout session #
You might need to log off and close your remote session on the server for different reasons, for example an application is stuck or frozen, you were granted access to a space or just to refresh your remote session.
There are 2 ways of doing so, either log off the MyQuickCloud dashboard or log off from within the remote session. Either way, will close all your applications and files, so before doing it, please make sure you save any opened files and applications.
Logout from the MyQuickCloud dashboard #
Logout from the remote session #
Logout session for another user #
This will log out the session of another user connected to the server.
Note: the other user applications and files will be closed, any unsaved data will be lost.
To do this, your user needs to be an admin user on the MyQuickCloud account.
Detailed steps #
- Log in to your MyQuickCloud account as an admin user – https://myquickcloud.com/login/
- Click on Computers
- Click on the server where the session is opened
- Click on the edit icon , next to Who is connected to this computer ?
- Click on the logoff session icon , next to corresponding user
- A confirmation window will pop up, click on OK to force close the session
- After few seconds, the user’s remote session will be closed