This article relates to an older version of MyQuickCloud and is no longer valid. Please go to our How-To section to view the latest articles here – https://myquickcloud.com/support/documentation/how-to/
In rare circumstances it can become necessary to reinstall the host program. This is very similar to changing the host machine or adding a new one and can only be done by a MyQuickCloud admin user.
Step 1 – Un-publish the apps linked to your Host installation #
To open the apps management console using the Desktop App:
- Click on the Manage tab to expand the option list
- Click on the Apps icon
To open the apps management console using the Web App:
- Log in to your MyQuickCloud account using admin credentials here – https://myquickcloud.com/login/
- Click the Apps icon on the dashboard
From the apps management screen, un-publish all the Apps linked to the existing Host computer. You can find more details on the un-publish process in the Managing your existing Apps / Desktops article.
Step 2 – Remove the existing Host installation #
Please Note: For this step, you need to be on the Host computer.
- Open the Control Panel by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. Alternatively, you can also search for Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Programs, and then click on Programs and Features.
- In the list of programs displayed, select MyQuickCloud Host and then click on Uninstall/Change
Step 3 – Reinstall the Host computer #
Add the new Host computer to your cloud by following the How To Add A Host article. Make sure you reboot your host machine after the installation is complete.
Step 4 – Republish your Apps #
More details on the publishing of an app in the How To Publish An Application article.
Still Stuck? #
Get in touch with us from your host machine and our support team will be able to log in and take a look.