MyQuickCloud makes printing remotely easy, with the ability to print to both locally and remotely. Local printers are those connected locally to you (e.g. connected via USB at home) and remote printers are those connected to the host computer (the computer you connect to through MyQuickCloud)
Printing Locally #
To print to a printer that is attached to your local computer (the one you are using to connect to the host computer):
- Choose the MyQuickCloud Printer and then click Print, when prompted to choose a printer by the application you are working on.
- A blue pop-up window will appear where you will see a list of your local printers. If the correct printer is already selected and you do not need to change any printer settings then you can just click Print again and your document will begin to print.
- If you wish to change any settings before you print such as duplex, color, paper size etc., click the Printer settings… button before you print and you will be presented with your normal printer settings dialog box. Make any changes necessary and then click Print on the MyQuickCloud Print pop up when you’re done.
Printing Remotely #
As MyQuickCloud creates a remote session on the host machine, as if you were sitting in front of it, any printers that are attached to the host are automatically available to print to. Just select the correct printer as you would normally and you will be able to print to it.
Alternative Printing Methods #
Microsoft Redirected Printing #
If you prefer you can also use the Microsoft redirected printing method. This is where you print to your local printer that has been added with the (redirected) suffix. If your printer does not appear you will need to install your local printer drivers on the remote host machine and then reboot the host.
No MyQuickCloud Printer Listed? #
If so then the following additional steps will need to be completed before being able to use MyQuickCloud Print:
- Connect to the host computer (or login directly from the host computer)
- Open Windows File Explorer and go to the following folder:
- For 64-bit computers: C:\Program Files\Vedivi\MQCServer\tmp\print\driver\x64
- For 32-bit computers: C:\Program Files\Vedivi\MQCServer\tmp\print\x86
- Right-click on install.bat, select Run as administrator and follow the instructions
- Restart the host computer.
If you are still having trouble printing, please contact our support team via live chat, or e-mail [email protected].