Changing your host computer allows you to remove the existing computer from your dashboard and replace it with a different one. This is useful when you reach the limit on the number of host computers for your subscription.
Similarly to the addition of a new host, this process can only be done by a MyQuickCloud admin user.
Step 1 – Un-publish the apps linked to the existing Host computer
To open the apps management console via the Dekstop App:
- Click on the “Manage” tab to expand the option list
- Click on the “Apps” icon
To open the apps management console via the Web App:
- Click on the menu button on the top left of the screen
- Click on the “Apps” icon under the “Cloud” tab
From the apps management screen, un-publish all the Apps linked to the existing Host computer. You can find more details on the un-publish process in the Managing your existing Apps / Desktops article
Step 2 – Remove the existing Host computer
Please Note: For this step, you need to be on the existing Host computer.
- Open the Control Panel by clicking the “Start” button and then clicking “Control Panel”. Alternatively, you can also search for Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on “Programs”, and then click on “Programs and Features”.
- In the list of programs displayed, select MyQuickCloud Host and then click on “Uninstall/Change”
Step 3 – Add new Host computer
Please Note: For this step, you need to be on the new Host computer.
Add the new Host computer to your cloud by following the How To Add A Host article
Step 4 – Start publishing Apps for your new Host computer
Now that your new Host computer is part of your cloud, you can start publishing Apps for your new Host computer.
More details on the publishing of an app in the How To Publish An Application article